What a week!

The last week of my life went something like this. Quinn has Strep throat, feels miserable, has to study anyway, has to stay up til the wee hours of the night studying anyway, has to wake up way to early anyway. Me trying to keep the kids away from Quinn when he is home, trying to play outside...oh wait it's raining and snowing again, yes we live in Texas and it snows here now. One day of sunshine, take Triston to the park, Triston insists on swinging with no hands, I insist more that he holds on, he agrees to hold on if I will give him an underduck, I agree, I push, he lets go, he falls on his head, he receives his fist concussion. I freak out, huge bump comes out on his head, he insists on taking a nap for the first time in a year, I freak out more, Quinn comes home, I feel better, we force Triston to stay awake, take him to the doc, concussion confirmed, I bawl. So I think we are in the clear and then, two nights ago Bridgie starts getting a runny nose, lay her down, throws up, girls nite, back to bed, a little coughing. Last night, runny nose continues, coughing starts, coughing continues, rattling chest begins, Triston wakes up yelling, sore thoart, he starts coughing, I stay up all night with B sleeping on my chest, Quinn stays up all night trying to get Triston to stay a sleep. Morning comes, get someone to cover my shift at work, call doctor, go to doctor, both kids diagnosed with RSV, Bridge also has an ear infection, I cry again. Go pick up all meds, nebulizer, try to get kids to sit with nebulizer on, screaming begins, running on no sleep, the hamburger buns I was going to use for dinner were stale, find something else to fix, finally got all med's given, humidifiers on, beds propped up, and Quinn is now back to studying, and I have a sore throat. Awesome. Makes me realize how grateful I am for our normally great health.

9 comments:

Gooch Family said...

Oh Dani you have got to be exhausted! What a week! Hope you guys start feeling better. I also can not get over little Bridgie throwing up so much, that must drive you insane changing her sheets continually! She found the perfect thing to do to have to get your attention, throw up and then you can't just leave her in there, you must get her out - little stinker!! You got a smart one on your hands :)

Summer said...

Dani I am so sorry! Really I'm exhausted just reading your recap. :P I hope you and your little ones get better soon. You're a trooper.

The Bushman Family said...

Dang you guys have it rough. Don't you hate negotiating with young uns when you know you are the adult and clearly know what is best but you compromise anyway and then you get bit in the butt! Hopefully you will get some sick kid naps in the next few days, and it is good to see Quinn finally apply himself to his schoolwork. Hope you guys get through the next few day and get some rest on the weekend and everyone gets healthy!

Lora Gooch said...

Oh Dani. That's terrible. Kasey was up all last night and today throwing up too. It's terrible to see your kids hurt. It's also worse to have to take care of everyone while your sleep deprived. Wish I could come help you. Hang in there and try to take care of yourself too!! When it rains it pours. And what's up with all this snow in the south?? Ugh!

Mieke said...

I'm so sorry! It sounds miserable :( I hope you guys all get better soon!

Hall Family said...

Dani I hope this has passed your family by now. I'm glad you posted it though because honestly I feel like this sort of crap only happens to me, which is obviously ridiculous, but still I swear it hits our household the hardest! But I can see that it hits all households! Don't feel bad about the concussion, he's a boy it was an accident and it happens. At least you didn't warn your kid to say they understand and when they ignored you you popped their mouth and then blood starts coming from his lip! Yeah I did that. :( Now that's a bad mom! I ran to my room and dad took care of it.

. said...

I hope you guys are feeling better. If anyone can take care of their sick little family you can... you are such a great mommy and such a sweet friend! You always leave me the nicest comments that just totally make my day! I love reading your updates and hope we can get together a few times this summer! Your cute kids are getting so big and I laughed so hard at the story of Triston's "bug" shirt... adorable!

Brittany said...

Dani, I'm sorry sorry! That sounds awful! Its true what they say....when it rains it pours!!
I miss you and our diet coke runs!

Nate and Keshia said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry. Sounds like it can only get better from here. :) Good luck and I hope you get some sleep soon. I love that picture of you and Bridget. You two are adorable.