Trip to the Big D



One of my really good friends from jr high and high school is getting MARRIED!! She is currently living in Dallas and is trying to plan her wedding in Lubbock. She asked me to be her Maid of Honor and I am super excited to help plan her wedding. This past weekend she flew me down to Dallas to help her find a wedding dress since her mom was not able to go down. I was a little nervous leaving the kids home, ok I am not going to lie I was super nervous, but I thought it would be so much easier is they stayed home. I left Friday night and came home this morning and had a total blast! I forgot how easy it is to fly without kids! :) Laura and I spent ALL day Saturday traveling all over DFW trying on all sorts of beautiful wedding dresses. Laura's fiance took us out to some absolutely delicious restraunts! It was also so nice to go out to eat without trying to juggle kiddos. My friend lives in Uptown, my favorite part of Dallas, so we got to go to all sorts of neat little places. I missed the kiddos like crazy but they were so AWESOME for Quinn! They had a sleep over with my parents on Friday night and then hung out with Quinn yesterday and he had them both in bed sound asleep by 7pm...he is superdad. I came home today to a clean house and happy babes, it was WONDERFUL! I feel so rejuvenated after having a little time away to myself. It was pretty funny because when I got home today Quinn said, "Well, I don't know how you get everything done in the day, it was pretty exhausting. And...I realized you don't ever get to enjoy a meal." Haha I had to laugh at that. I think Quinn had a good time hanging out with the kids and I had a wonderful weekend away. Can't wait for the wedding!

3 comments:

The Ashdowns said...

I'm glad you had a good time! It can be VERY nice going places without the kiddos. Doesn't mean we love them less, but sometimes we just need some time away! Anyway, we're glad you're back! Get ready for some Peanuts suckah! :P

Hutchinson's said...

Can't wait for you to blog about your trip to the big A...Alpine!! PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

Lora Gooch said...

You needed some time away, good for you. Doesn't it feel good to be validated? We moms have a hard job. Now he just needs to get himself and the kids ready with the diaper bag in time for church and eat with them in a public place. ha :0