Our Elf Named Christmas




So my mom delivered a little package from the North Pole yesterday and it was our own personal Elf! I had never heard of The Elf of the Shelf but its our new favorite tradition. For those that haven't heard of it I will explain briefly. You get a book and a box with a little Elf doll in it. The book explains what you are supposed to do with your elf in a way that kids can understand. Basically the Elf watches the family and reports to Santa every night who has been naughty and who has been nice. The book explains that the Elf is not allowed to talk but he smiles when he is listening (he is always smiling). So every night your Elf moves to a different location in the house and in the morning the kids get to search for the Elf and his new hiding spot. The book tells you to name your Elf and explains that you can't touch him or he loses his magic. Triston named our Elf Christmas. :) On Christmas Eve your Elf flies back to Santa and stays there the rest of the year until Dec 1st of the next year. Triston thinks this is the most amazing thing ever. Not only is he being so good he claimed today, "Christmas is my best friend mom."! So hilarious. Sometimes when Triston goes to the bathroom or into another room I quickly move Christmas and Triston thinks this is so awesome. He has been leaving cookies for him around the house today as well, I am getting a little sick of cookies so I told him Elves love fruit too but he insists on leaving cookies for Christmas. If you have little kids this is such a fun tradition I would recommend to anyone! We love our new Elf friend Christmas and we are loving our very NICE boy Triston as well.

4 comments:

Melissa Wilson said...

I love it! I'm love that he puts cookies out for Christmas...too cute!

Andrea Treff said...

Hey Dani,
Its Andrea! So I awoke this mornning with Annelise asking a million questions about you and life in Texas. She cracks me up. She wanted to see your Blog and the Baby who she said "Mom shes not so littly anymore wow have they been gone that long now"LOL. "I love Dani Gooch mom shes special to me" and I cried. Anyway we miss you guys! LOve Annelise and Andrea
We need your address if you can email me it that would be great
Andreatreff@aol.com

Dave & Chels said...

When he was over here on Thursday, that was ALL he talked about for the first 30 min. He was even running around trying to find him for a while. It was awesome!

maline said...

Oh man, we need this little Elf. We had to take away some presents under the tree the other day because jack's been pretty naughty lately. I told him that santas elf came in the night and took them away and he probably will get them back if he started behaving better. He didn't act very worried about it..... He a little stinker. Triston is so cute!