Ragnar Relay!

About a week ago, Quinn and I drove down to AZ (with NO kids...it was such a lovely drive) to do the Ragnar Relay race with Quinn's family. The race started in Prescott and ended in Mesa it was 204 miles long! Our team head 12 people and each person ran 3 legs of the race. Although it was pretty intense (lots of hills!) it was probably the most fun I have had at a race. You basically don't sleep at all and cruise around in a van with half your team waiting to run, critiquing all of the other runners while you wait...only to realize (after seeing pictures) that you look more hilarious than all the other runners. After the race we spent one day with Quinn's family to celebrate his dad's birthday and we got to see Quinn's brother bless their new baby girl, and then we headed back to TX. I was pretty much dying to see our kids by the time we left but I had SUCH a great time and I feel so blessed to be in the Gooch family!








w



















While we were gone Bridget started saying, "Uh oh!" which is ridiculously cute. I thought she would be so excited to see me and Quinn when we got home but she was MAD MAD MAD at us. She would just look at me and glare! I would try to make her smile or laugh and she would look away. I would try to hold her hand and she would just pull her hand away. It broke my heart. She got over it the next day but it was pretty sad there for a bit. Triston on the other hand was quite happy to see us. Monday morning after we had been playing for a little while he said to me, "Mom, I am so glad you are home...now let's get to wrestling". Oh how I love the things that boy says, hilarious.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

serious?
oh my gosh, what a race, congrats! I wish I could do that!
You look amazing! keep it up!

McCall said...

that is sooo cool. i would love to do something like that. way to go!

Lora Gooch said...

Scott had a great time. Good to be with his family. Wish I could of come. Poor Bridgette..she missed mommy!

Hutchinson's said...

You guys can muster up time to do a Ragner Rally but can't muster up the time to come and be friends? All joking aside Quinn you looked great out there on the road big man.

Nate